Can we as parents and families demonstrate work in service to others?
Some ways that may help are:
- Keeping regulars family meetings discussing service and plans to serve.
- Volunteer routinely in your community or place of worship even if they can only be present for now as little ones.
- Refrain from speaking ill about others in your home.
- Discussing challenges as they appear at school.
- Make every efforts to put situations and responses through the word of God so they know what’s right and expected.
- Talk to them about things that hurt them to witness and what solutions could possibly make a difference.
- Demonstrate eye contact, handshakes and how to love friend sand people encountered.
- Sign up for group volunteering opportunities to participate as a family.
- When money is received from gifts or earnings, have them put away a portion for charitable work.
- Practice writing thank you cards or creating things they made with their hands as a way of saying thanks for gifts received.
- Have them help around the home even if it’s putting the placemats on the dinner table for all.
These are only a few things but these and many others are ways we can demonstrate giving. It appears to be best implemented early and often as a way of life.
I would love to hear your suggestions on what things you and your family have done.
Kidstrive to serve!
Leave a Reply