We can lose the authority, honor and respect of a child :
- For selfish reasons.
- When we lose influence over them especially to another and worse a more identifiable group.
- When we don’t have answers for their tough questions and no place to point them.
- If we consistently lie to them.
- If we are poor role models and examples.
- When we shoot down to many of their short term goals, visions and long term dreams without attempt to support or encourage.
- When we call them outside of their names and especially with explicit descriptors.
- If we never speak affirming words with strong conviction and belief.
- If we are not secure in our own belief especially when compared to outside beliefs.
- When we say or do things to them no parent should ever say to a child.
- When we hurt someone they love without cause.
Kidstrive to know honor as high regard.