Giving is an interesting process because its meaning is highly associated with love and caring for another. Therefore can automatically infer that the thing being given away has value to you. That’s hard for most because we tend to go through a trust measure to hold the receiving party accountable. Some might say, that it’s one of the things to be human. No one likes to feel like they have been taken advantage of so we are always on the look out but end up missing out on opportunities to have impact on another. Yes, it’s difficult!
Giving of the things that are dear to our heart especially for us men is not something to mess with, it seems to be tied to our ability to provide and have provision. It could also be something much deeper! I could not find a command in the Bible for woman to love. Men were the only one who was given a command of how to love. Possibly because it comes a bit more natural for women but I don’t know. Thought it might be relevant based on context of giving connected to love.
Outlining the power of words before putting conditions on unconditional.
condition /kənˈdɪʃ(ə)n /
1 [mass noun, usually with adjective] the state of something with regard to its appearance, quality, or working order:
the wiring is in good condition
[in singular] the bridge is in an extremely dangerous condition.
unconditional /ʌnkənˈdɪʃ(ə)n(ə)l /
▸ adjective not subject to any conditions:
unconditionality /ʌnkəndɪʃ(ə)ˈnalɪti/ noun
conditional /kənˈdɪʃ(ə)n(ə)l /
1 subject to one or more conditions or requirements being met:
the consortium have made a conditional offer
Western aid was only granted conditional on further reform.
So what might unconditional giving look like:
- Giving as if it was owed with no praise or thanks needed.
- Giving as though 100% of it does not belong to you.
- Giving expecting nothing.
- Giving without anyone doing for you.
- Giving solely on filling the need of another based on the request.
- Giving because they asked and you had it to spare.
- Giving of yourself until the request is fulfilled, job is accomplished until time agreement has been rendered complete.
- Giving your life in sacrifice of another made in a vow.
- Giving based on request with no outline for the use of the resources.
- Giving to a brother without any return.
Thank you for reading. Giving unconditional love has to be demonstrated and it has, you only have to seek.
I think the reason why is the man asked to love his wife could be in my humble opinion that motherhood makes women more likely to love the man because of the children she might have with him. Just a thought.